Calcutta is where the story splits off into two branching paths. After the Hanged Man event in the restaurant, Polnareff will storm off, and you'll have a choice of whether to follow him or stay behind with the group. Going with him will increase his FP, and put you on the Submarine Route, and letting him go will put you on the normal (manga) route.
Party Members Edit
|Name||Where To Find|
|Jotaro||Shops on mats north of the hotel|
|Kakyoin||Empty marketplace on the west side of the river|
|Joseph||Shops on the west side of the river, right in front of the bridge|
|Abdul||In front of the hotel|
|Polnareff||At the dock|
Obtainable Items Edit
|Fish Jhol||120G||Restores 75HP/80SP|
|Mutton Curry||250G||Restores 200HP/100SP|
|Incense||150G||Restores a small amount of party's SP|
|Chai||300G||Restores a lot of SP|
|Spice Bottle||300G||Cures entire party of Berserk, Confuse, and Sleep|
|Panja1||600G||A women's accessory that's draped on the hand|
|Ganesha Statuette||500G||Souvenir. A small stone statuette of Ganesha.|
|Elephant Knick Knack||800G||Souvenir. A metal knick knack with an elephant design.|
|Shiva Carving||3500||Souvenir. A large wooden idol in the shape of Shiva.|
|Talwar2||300,000||Souvenir. A curved sword crafted from Damascus steel.|
1 Though the Panja is equipment, it can be displayed in your house with the other 'souvenir' items.
2 Only available after you complete the Blacksmith's Forge event below.
|Dora Cola||50G||Restores 35HP|
|Echoes High||50G||Restores small amount of HP/SP|
|G.E. Coffee||50G||Restores 10HP, cures Poison|
|F.F. Sports Drink||50G||Restores 10% of max HP/SP|
|Ripple-Infused Tea||50G||Restores 20SP|
|Diamond C||300G||Restores a lot of HP|
|Overdrive SY||300G||Restores a lot of SP|
|Requiem G.E.||300G||Heals various status ailments|
|Ripple-Infused Cola||300G||Heals entire party|
|Rations||200G||Restores HP & SP|
|Bottled Water||5G||Restores a tiny amount of HP & SP, 5 uses|
|Samosa||300G||Restores a large amount of SP|
|Doner Kebab||300G||Restores a large amount of HP|
|Chai||300G||Restores a lot of SP|
|Great Medicine||300G||Fake. Restores a negligible amount of HP and SP, but cures Ripple and Drunk.|
|Amazing Medicine||300G||Fake. Restores a negligible amount of HP and SP, but cures Confuse and Sleep.|
|Supreme Medicine||300G||Fake. Restores a negligible amount of HP and SP, but cures Poison and Darkness.|
|Godly Medicine||300G||Fake. Restores a negligible amount of HP and SP, but cures K.O, Berserk, and Frozen.|
|Perfect Medicine||300G||Fake. Restores a negligible amount of HP and SP, but cures OnFire and Surge.|
|Experients Tablet||1000G||Fake. Restores a negligible amount of HP, but cures K.O, Berserk, Distract, Drunk, and Surge.|
|Ecroesterol||1000G||Fake. Restores a negligible amount of SP, but cures Darkness, Confuse, Dizzy, Paralyze, and Frozen.|
|Crazy BX||1000G||Fake. Use in battle for a temporary Power buff.|
|Foo Fytalin||1000G||Fake. Use in battle for a temporary Durability buff.|
|Darditol||1000G||Fake. Use in battle for a temporary Spirit buff.|
|Starblatodine||1000G||Fake. Use in battle for a temporary Speed buff.|
|Book of Evil3||10,000G||Raises bad karma by 1~2pts.|
|Book of Cleansing3||10,000G||Lowers bad karma by 1~2pts.|
3 Available from the merchant who appears near Kakyoin on days 15~16
"Electronics from Japan" (500G): Scrap Metal
"Delicious tea" (200G): Tea
"Medicine for you" (1000G): Strange Medicine
Story events Edit
- VS. Hanged Man
- When you're ready to advance the story, head to the restaurant in the hotel. After the event, you'll be given a choice between letting Polnareff go and following him - this choice will decide which route you take up until the battle with Judgment. See the top of the page for more info. If you're playing as Josuke, you do not get this choice, and are forced to let Polnareff go.
- Whichever route you pick, you'll soon begin a battle against J. Geil, Hanged Man, and Beggars. Damaging the beggars in any way will result in a game over. This battle can either be ended via Kakyoin's Brainstorm command or by defeating J. Geil directly. Ending the battle with Brainstorm will increase Polnareff's FP, and ending it by defeating J. Geil will raise Kakyoin's.
- Requirements: Jotaro, Abdul, or Polnareff in the party
- Straight north from the hotel there is a man selling books on a mat where you can trigger several events with your party. Jotaro's event will raise his FP by 1, as well as enable you to do the Generator event below. Abdul's event will raise his FP by 2 and add Secret Book Vol. 1 (teaches the Ripple Breathing skill) to your inventory. Polnareff will buy a dirty magazine - if you're a male, he'll gain 2FP and you'll get a Bawdy Magazine, and if you're female, you can say "That's nice" or ask him to show you: The former raises his FP by 1, and the latter doesn't raise it at all but adds Scary Story to the inventory.
- Buying Flowers
- Requirements: Kakyoin in the party
- In the shade of a building in the southwest corner of town is a Bengali woman selling flowers. If you're with Kakyoin, he'll buy one from here, then decide you can have it. If you're playing as a female, you'll pull him aside and reprimand him. Either way, he'll gain 1FP and a Bouquet will be added to the inventory.
- The Blacksmith's Forge
- Requirements: Abdul is in the party
- North of the hotel is a building with a sword sign. Inside is a blacksmith who has become depressed due to his prized forge breaking down. The forge cannot be repaired with either Carpenters or Caravan, but if Abdul is with you, he'll fix it with Magician's Red, gaining FP and 200EXP. Afterwards, you'll be able to buy a Talwar in the souvenir shop, and if you inspect the one in the glass case with Abdul in the party, he'll give you some trivia.
- Requirements: Jotaro is in the party and his Bookseller event has been triggered OR your Stand is Carpenters or Pharoah Sanders
- On the west side of the river, there's a man trying to repair a generator to power nearby homes. If Jotaro is with you and you saw his event at the Bookseller, he can fix it in exchange for 3 Scrap Iron (can be bought at the electronics seller by the hotel). If you have Carpenters, you can fix it at the cost of 3 Scrap Irons to gain 500EXP, or if you have Pharoah Sanders, you can power it in exchange for 130SP. Afterwards, you the previously dark buildings on the west side of the river will be lit.
- Requirements: Male protagonist, fought Joey in Singapore
- In the southwest corner of the map, there's a merchant who promises to show you cute young girls. Accept his invitation, and you'll be taken to a cabaret, where you'll find yourself surrounded by Murderdoll EXs and soldiers. Defeat Joey behind the counter to leave and gain FP with whoever is in your party.
- Black Tree Fruit
- Across the bridge and to the north, there's a man on a mat selling fresh fruit. If you buy it, you'll recover, but will be inflicted with Mummy status, which saps your health as you walk. Chase down the Stand that appears to start a battle, which gives you Black Tree Fruit (an excellent recovery item) if you win. You can trigger this event as many times as you like to stock up on Black Tree Fruits.
- Don't Fall!
- Requirements: Triggered the Man In Uniform event in the Harbor
- Underneath the bridge, there's a shady area full of zombies that can be accessed by reading the sign on the lower edge. There's a small hole in one of the pillars that you can crawl through by going up to it and pressing A. If you activated the required event, a special will be waiting at the end of the beach. Talk to him to add him to your party - if Joseph if with you, then you'll get a longer conversation. Talk to the fisherman to leave the bridge area, then enter the hotel to end the event.
- Warning: if you have a Sickly protagonist and collapse with the man in your party, he will disappear from the beach, but the game won't count the event as having been triggered. This means any story events that have this event as a prerequisite will not be available, so be careful.
- Crazy Truck
- There's a truck driving at a high speed across the bridge and around the western side of town. If it hits the player, they'll sustain 50 damage. However, if your Stand is Red Garland, if you're playing as Josuke, or if Jotaro is with you, the damage is negated, and you can view a short event instead.
Enemy Data Edit
|Name||HP||EXP Given||Dropped Money||Dropped Items||Notes|
|Burns||50||30||50||Echoes High||Range: M. Appears in a group with Burns x1, Bombs x2, and Spirits x2.|
|Spirits||60||100||65||Herb Bottle||See above. While they don't damage as much Burns or Bombs, they can inflict Darkness and Confusion on party members with their blinding lights, so watch out/|
|Green Hornet 2||32||35||30||Ointment||Same as the ones in Singapore.|
|Murderdoll Lv. 4||90||75||50||Diamond C||Same as the ones in Singapore.|
|Assassin||75||83||56||Handgun||Same as the ones in Singapore.|
|Wicked Master||90||75||50||Diamond C||Same as the ones in Singapore.|
|Zombie||110||130||30||Rations||Range: S. Will most likely not be a threat at your current level, so if you want to level the hidden character from the Don't Fall event, this enemy is a good choice.|
|Foot Soldier||150||100||85||Submachine Gun||Range: S. Get rid of them quickly, as they can use firearms that deal out tons of damage.|
|Murderdoll EX||80||90||85||Hand Grenade||Range: S. Only appears in the Cabaret.|
|OPTIONAL BOSS 1: Joey||500||1000||2000||Bazooka Launcher||Range: M. Stats are average, and he doesn't really have any skills to watch out for, but like the Foot Soldiers, he has guns and ammunition that can deal heavy damage to the party.|
|OPTIONAL BOSS? 2: Black Eyed Peas||200||100||100||Black Tree Fruit||Range: S. Defeat it quickly or it will sap your HP to restore itself. Note that the drop is not 100%.|
|BOSS: J. Geil||300||-||-||-||Range: L. Be particularly wary of his Laugh skill, which inflicts Berserk and may cause you to damage the Beggars. Even if you defeat him without Brainstorm, you won't receive EXP or items, so choose based on which FP bonus you need most.|
|BOSS: Hanged Man (Mirror)||-||-||-||-||Cannot be attacked.|
|BOSS: Beggars||1||-||-||-||Range: S. Since they're just bystanders, damaging them in any way will lead to a Game Over.|